Music chord software that makes complex chord finding and chord fingering easy. This music chord software is a combination of chord recognition, a convenient keyboard and guitar (or bass, or banjo, or ukulele or many other stringed instruments) chord finder and includes chord fingering for both stringed instrument chords and keyboard chords.
The New High-Featured Musicord version 3.0 !
Our Musicord program is very popular. But we decided to make it much more powerful and much more feature intensive in version 3.0. We included all of the features that people have asked us for. And we have even gone well beyond that into a chord calculator that we believe sets a new high level – for either beginning musicians or accomplished musicians that may wish more features
Primary Features that began with our Original Musicord:
- Chords to Notes – Enter a root note and a chord name of 28 stored types, and the notes and fingering are shown for keyboard and stringed instruments
- Notes to Chords – Enter notes and Musicord will see if it recognizes the chord and even show alternate chord names. Even if the chord is unique such that Musicord does not recognize it, Musicord will still show the fingering on both the keyboard and stringed instrument display
- Chords Recognized – 28 chords in all, including: major, minor, major 6th, minor 6th, 7th, major 7th, minor 7th, mmaj7th, major 9th, minor 9th, major 11th, minor 11th, major 13th, minor 13th,diminished, augmented (also called + or +5), major 6 with no 5, minor 6th with no 5, 5, -5, 7-5, sus 2, sus (sus 4 no 3), sus4 (3 no 5), sus 4 (5 and 3), 7 sus 4, 7 maj 5, 6th add 9.
- Alternate Fingerings – Alternate Fingerings are shown for chord inversions and alternate notes for both keyboard and stringed instruments
- Fretboard Fingerings – Use an invisible capo to show fingerings down the fretboard for stringed instruments
- Transpose Musical Keys – A simple set of changeable chromatic scales can be lined up and adjusted to help transpose from any key to another
Brand New Features added in this version 3.0: (and yes, the original features are still there)
- Print Chords – several chords or a full page – Use a chord camera to snap pictures of chords after you have set them up. Select chord print of either keyboard fingering or stringed instrument (guitar, bass, banjo, etc.) fingering . These photos are then sent to a printer screen where they are collected and organized for print. Simple text printout is provided of the chord name, notes in the chord, and a simple text figure of the fingering positions.
- Flat and Sharp Handling – choose to display all sharps, all flats, or two mixtures of both, or simply choose “auto” and let Musicord determine the likely key you are playing in and pick the sharps and flats combination for you
- Keyboard Sharps and Flats – For keyboard viewing you can select to show both the sharp and flat name all of the time, or to simply follow the rest of the display for sharps flats, mixes of the two, or “auto” selection of sharps and flats.
- Many Stored String Instruments – Musicord stores many setups for common stringed instruments – such as guitar, banjo, bass, ukulele, mandolin, cittern, bouzouki, violin, dobro, lute and others. Since Musicord will do 6 “courses” of strings, it will also work for normal tuning of 12 string guitars, 8 string mandolins, 10 string citterns, 12 string tiples, and similar instruments that are tuned in “pairs” or “triplet” strings and are no more than 6 “courses” (6 groups of string pairs or triplets).
- Many stored Tuning Variations – stores and allows you to select many common tuning variations for those stringed instruments, such as “Drop D” for Guitars, C, G, or D tuning for Ukuleles and more, many common banjo tunings, tenor guitars, 5 string banjos, 4 string banjos, 4 string basses, 5 string basses, 6 string basses, each with multiple common tunings, and a whole number of similar combinations. There are over 20 variations for the ‘Guitar” family alone.
- Modifies display to string instrument type – will display, 4 strings, 5 strings, 6 strings, or 5 string banjo with the shorter string as requested
- Right Hand or Left Hand Viewing – For Guitar or other Stringed Instrument – Yes – select the desired view and the strings display will reverse. The print routine will even print left handed chords.
- Enhanced Capo – for stringed instruments such as guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele etc. This adjustment allows viewing fingering down the fretboard of the stringed instrument. And yes, the print routine will print chords that show fingering down the fretboard – and not just chords at the instrument neck.
- Custom Tuning or Detuning – Stringed Instruments. If our stored various common tunings for stringed instruments do not include your favorites, you can tune your instrument to any starting notes you wish – within the normal chromatic scale of course. Yes, you can display and print chords that take into account the custom tuning or detuning.
- Custom Setup of Stringed Instruments / Tuning – If you are a practiced musician who often uses different tunings on your guitar or stringed instrument and wish to create your own set of tunings, Musicord will allow the save of 50 custom stringed instruments or tuning – per file. And yes you can have multiple files. Your new custom entries will show up as a new instrument family called “Custom” and will make all saved entries easily available. If you play multiple stringed instruments, no problem – even within the same custom file. And when done, you can save or backup your file. You can also re-arrange the order of your instruments or tunings for convenience within a file.
For beginners or accomplished musicians:For beginners, Musicord provides preset settings for instruments, sharps and flats (“auto” function), and preset printing settings. For accomplished stringed instrument musicians, Musicord is designed to handle the custom stringed instruments and custom tuning that those professionals might wish, including even a “Custom” save of their most favorite instruments and tuning. Includes two levels of help screens.
Strings: Musicord for stringed instruments will handle up to 6 “courses” or sets of strings. So it will do 4 string, 5 string, and 6 string instruments and 5 string banjo. It will also do instruments with more strings if they are tuned in sets such as “pairs” or “triplets” as a 12 string guitar, 8 string mandolin, 10 string cittern, or 12 string tiple (with string triplets). However, if there are more than 6 unique string course, such as an 8 string steel guitar, it will only show up to six of those string positions.
Screen Sizes: This program will not play well on a screen set to 480 x 640 pixels. Any reasonable setting at or higher than 600 x 800 will be fine, including, 600 x 800, 1024 by 768, and reasonable screen settings even higher.
A powerful yet simple music chord software program, that can make chord fingering, piano chords, and guitar chords much easier and also improve understanding at the same time!
Readme.txt and help included.