The Startup Window allows the user to select the correct level to work at
The Edit Levels button can be shown or hidden from users.
Levels shown are New Zealand ones, Form 7 is equivalent to: US 12th Grade, and UK A Level
The Learn Mode allows you to practice with formulae.
- Move the mouse cursor, Hints display the name of the ion and the cursor shows its charge.
- Double Click or Drag ions to the balance, Hints will tell you what you need to do to balance the charges.
- When the charges are being balanced, the formula of the substance will be displayed in the formula frame and an atom counter shows numbers of each type of atom.
- To find out the name of the substance move the mouse cursor to the formula frame.
- To immediately show the formula Drag the ions directly to the formula frame.
The Test Mode randomly selects ions from the Level you have chosen
To Make the Test More Challenging
- Include or exclude Atom Counting Questions
- Testing can be done with or without the extra pressure of time
You can set how long the timed test will run for
- Hide or Show the positive and / or negative ions
Chemical Formula Tutor’s online Editor makes it easy to:
- Modify, and
both Levels and Formulae
Download a Trial Version of Chemical Formula Tutor
Direct Download: cft.exe (896KB)