Atlast! File Notes Organiser for Windows 3.1 and Windows 95/98/NT is a fully integrated File Manager and File Notes Catalogue, with special features for working with compressed “ZIP” files.
It is a one stop solution for writing notes against any files on disks, CDROMs, removable media, over networks and even within compressed ZIP files. Display up to four columns of notes against each file and directory. Create a seamless catalogue of notes on all media. Use powerful search facilities for files on floppy disks or CDROMs when they are not in the PC.
All media are supported, enabling the creation of a seamless catalogue of notes on hard disks, removable disks, CD-ROMs, CD-R and networked drives.
Write notes against files within a ZIP archive – and they are stored within the ZIP file.
The product is ideal for those wanting to catalogue files on CD-ROMs or CDRs, or to write notes against downloads. All notes are transparently stored in a catalogue which enables searching for files and notes even when the disk is not in the machine.
You can be automatically prompted for notes when a file is created or downloaded from the Internet.
Share a notes catalogue across a network. Then all Windows 3.1, 95, 98 or NT users can read and write notes on files in the same directory.
You can automate the unzipping and trialling of downloaded files (.zip or .exe).
Have up to four columns of notes displayed against each file. Columns can be customised to hold information such as the author’s name.
If you create floppies or CD-ROMs for distribution then file note catalogues can be included on the media. The ‘lite’ File Notes Organiser can be also be included on any CD-ROM you produce.
Its also an easy to use “drag and drop” File Manager / Explorer for day-to-day file management activities.
All ZIP note features are pkzip v2 compatible.
The Professional version has the following extra features:
- Clone Button – have 3 file manager windows open at the same time.
- Exporting Notes Catalogues to Databases – export catalogue files as text (comma separated) for importing into spreadsheets or databases.
- Catalogues on Removable Media – put your notes catalogues onto CDR or Jazz/ZIP drives as well as keeping notes in your main catalogue.
- CDROM producers can distribute Notes Catalogues and File Notes Organiser
- Sharing Catalogues over a Network – share a notes catalogue across a network. Then all Windows 3.1, 95,98 or NT users can read and write notes on files in the same directory.